Saturday, June 14, 2008

Is There Anything Better...

...than a DVR?

I hesitate to name anything better in recent technology advances than this little box of joy.

Why you ask?

I am learning the joy of a DVR this weekend, which is a free preview weekend of basically every movie channel availalble through DirecTV. That turns out to be somewhere in the realm of 50-some-odd movie channels, each showing new flics every couple of hours.

And so it is like free movies for me this weekend, all recorded and archived and viewable on my TV. So far this weekend I have recorded Alpha Dog, Black Snake Moan, Disturbia, Premonition, Next, Major Payne, The Negoitator, Rocky Balboa, The Guardian, Conan The Barbarian, They Live, Trainspotting, Spider-Man 3, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and The Evil Dead.

As luck would have it, the free preview runs through Sunday and I have a few more movies on tap. And still 75 percent or so of the DVR's memory (I think 100 hours or so of programming...yipee) available to use.

Now, if I had a way to make my DVR portable so I could take it out of my den, I would be set.

No comments: